Sunday, July 6, 2008

Like I need another fiber obsession...

I haven't blogged in forever...because I've been spending my weekends up in Frenchtown learning something new...

Spinning. Because I need another fiber obsession. It is So. Freakin'. FUN! I took a class that ran for 4 weeks up at The Spinnery in Frenchtown. Betty is the best teacher and the store is BEE-YOO-DE-FULL. Full of unbelievable things. And I met the nicest people in my class (Ginna, Jamie, Jody and Connie, here's a spinning shout-out to ya!) Seriously, if you're even remotely in the area and want to learn to spin, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Betty let us borrow all the spinning accoutrements one needs to go from straight-from-the-sheep stinky, dirty wool...


To the finished product!

Washed and clean, I can't believe I actually picked, carded, spun, plyed and prepped this stuff:

It might not look like much, but I love it!!



I have no idea what to make with it, but I'll figure that out. Just as soon as I convince Greg that I must add a spinning wheel to my list of prized possessions!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Shelley! So did you buy that wheel? I'm still working on my husband ...

Sharon said...

Ah Gorgeous! I caught the spinning bug recently also.