Sunday, January 27, 2008

Can you still say you're in your "mid-thirties?"

...when you turn 37? Sigh...

Today's my birthday - I'm celebrating by hanging out with my friends Alyson and Ben down in Kentuckindiana. That's a new state I made up because they live in Indiana but right outside of Kentucky and all weekend long I've been asking, "now where are we? Kentucky? Indiana?" I think they're ready for me to go home now.

I thought I'd reflect on 36 and a few cool things that I did while I was there.

1. Paid off a lot of debt. 'Nuf said.

2. I went to Jazz Fest for the first (but definitely not the last) time. Fell in love with New Orleans and tried to convince husband to move there. No go. I'll keep working on him, though.

3. Went to some cool places for the first time:
Ireland
Indiana (Shut up, I can say that, I've been here since Thursday.)
Nashville!
Did I say Ireland?
Cincinnati (good chili, for reals)
Oh yeah, Ireland

4. Moved back to Jersey after almost 10 years. Home is home, y'all, whether other people think it's crazy or not.

5. Knit. A LOT. Made some really cool things for some good, good people.







It does seem like much, but it was a good year, I think. I'll be okay with 37 if it turns out as well.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a good year to me. Did I mention I like Ireland too? Happy Birthday....and oh I like Ireland too. :-)

Lesley said...

You are absolutely still in your mid-thirties. The rule is that you're in your early 30s until you're 35, then you're in your mid thirties. There are no late 30s. At least, that's what I choose to believe, since I turned 35 not too long ago! :)

I'm jealous of your Ireland trip. It's on my list of things to do this year and I hope I'm able to do it!